"Boys are found everywhere—on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."
Author: Alan Beck


Monday, February 4, 2013

104

104.  That's the number of days since I've been here.  The dust is thick, and it may take some time to shift my writing ability to that of which has nothing to do with forced assignments, length requirements, or APA formatting, but I'm here to give it a shot.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

On my first day back in the saddle, I gave myself an easy assignment.  I think it's important to trot before attempting to gallop.  If anyone knows that, it's ME.

Here it is.  My welcome back to blogging post.  Yes, I just welcomed myself back.  It's my blog.  I can do that.

Top 10 reasons why I'm coming back to blogging-
                                                        (In random order)

10.- I just graduated from school and I'm eager to get back into writing about whatever the hell I want.  I'm so done with school that I may intentionally mispell (that was on purpose) words and use improper grammar just BECAUSE I CAN.  Try to grade me.  I dare you.

9.- I know you are dying to hear about how bad life is when your disposal breaks....or how much worse it can get when you turn on the water (in the midst of it being fixed) and you cause a major flood.  Oh yes, things like this make great writing material.

8.- The more I write, the better I feel.  And we all deserve to feel good.

7.- Since I'm no longer on Facebook, blogging will bring me back into the social media network, and I miss my network groupies.

6.- I woke up at 6:00 AM this morning and made the boys piping hot blueberry muffins with the biggest, juiciest, most ginormous (and organic!) blueberries on the planet and they rejected them.  Two of the boys even cried.  My blueberry muffins made my children sob.  I so need to share these things.

5.- I'm excited to write about whatever I feel like writing about.  (I'm repeating myself, aren't I?)

4.- Spring is on it's way, and it will be here early (thanks Punxsutawney Phil!).  That doesn't leave me a lot of time to get my garden on.  I'm eager to write about topics like swiss chard and kale.

3.- My oldest turns 12 next week.  That's dangerously close to 13.  That, my friends, leaves a lot to write about.

2.- I still dream about (every 27.2 seconds to be precise) moving to a farm.  Maybe the more I write about it, the faster it will come true? 

1.- I have 104 days of happenings that I'm yearning to share.

But only if you're ready to listen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, I´m happy you decided too keep om blogging cause I just found your blog through instagram when you added me.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete